Just wanted to check in. I wasn't sure how often I would be able to post. Not just because of being busy (pretty sure I won't be putting anything up on the weekends), but also because I wonder what I am going to talk about. I just don't think my life is that interesting. But I shall blog anyway!
Yesterday ended well. Work and getting ready for a fundraiser garage sale this weekend had me quite anxious by the end of the day. I feel totally unprepared for the sale, as I always feel before events I do. However by the time I left work I was determined to let it all go and not think about it. I have to say I think I did well. Normally I let myself stew or worry but when I began to do it yesterday I would just shoo the thoughts away until next time. Then shoo again. I kept busy getting groceries after work and preparing dinner. Next thing I knew Josh was home and it was time to get to the gym.
The gym was great last night! I felt really strong. I think part of it was making sure I had some sort of snack at home about 45 minutes before I got there. Seems like when I don't have a bite to eat I don't feels as energetic and sometimes sickly when I'm done. Not last night though! The gym has started a new way of doing things where we work on a warm up, skill of the month and a strength move before even starting the WOD. We don't get out of there as quick as we used to but I can see how this way we can make more progress. I did learn that I need to push myself more. Our coach Jasmine is always telling me I can take it a step up and when I do it seems easy. Not sure why I don't think of it myself and just do it. Odd as I like to think I am pretty confident. Maybe I'm really not.
I did back squats with 75 pounds and it felt good. I have always had big strong legs from playing sports. A lot of this new stuff is based on the highest weight you can lift one time. I have no idea what that is most of the time and just guess based on the last time I did that move in a WOD. I think in the coming weeks we might try to find out what some of those weights are. Josh invited me to try it with him next week so I will.
I noticed to that my running seems easier. When first started crossfit we seemed to do a lot of runs outside. Like 200, 400 or 800 metres. I HATE RUNNING! I have never really minded sprinting but running long distance sucks for me! But last night seemed easier than when I first started WOD's last summer. Maybe I am getting better at stuff. Good thing because we signed up for two obstacle races this summer. 5 km. I realized only after that we will probably have to do some running to get ready. BALLS! That's a bit of a lie. I am starting to look forward to it a bit. Buying the five finger toe shoes might be helping.
I know! I always thought they were weird and freaked me out thinking about having my toes seperated. Not to mention the "trendy" factor that sometimes keeps me from buying things just to spite trend. But the more you think about it the more it makes sense. I have always read that shoes are bad for humans and makes our feet muscles weak and since getting into paleo community it's not all about eating. It's also about how our ancestors lived and why our bodies were made the way they are. Bare feet makes sense. Even though it is going to hurt for awhile getting used to it. After a bad first experience trying them on (I think I blogged about it in my Money, money, money blog) I tried them on again and they felt good. Having the right size probably was the key. Now I want a pair, and of course with my usual luck no one in town has the style I want in women's size. Arg! This always seems to happen the me. I hum and haw on something and pass up chances to get them and once I decide I want this item it seems to have vanished from easy reach. Bah! I will get some just not as fast as I probably want.
But such is life eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment