Monday, 30 April 2012

Money, money, money!

Spring has come and as I said in my first blog post we have so many plans for things we want to do. It's really very exciting except after dropping a bunch of money this weekend the cheapskate voice in my head has awakened and begun to talk.

Last month we had our bikes stolen out of our shed. Ya, a total piss off as Josh would call it. Very frustrating and not just the thefts but insurance and all the after effects. I won't go into it as most people know how shitty red tape is. So this weekend we went to get our new bikes. It was one of those things that we thought we better replace now or we never will. And we for sure want to ride our bikes this summer and take them camping with us. Which means a new bike rack or hitch for Josh's new Forester. Ack!

Speaking of cars another few hundred dollars dropped this weekend on a coiuple new all-season tires for mine.

Looking for new shoes as well. Trail runners. Looks like will be going with the new Vibram Five Finger shoes. The ones with the toes. I thought they would feel so weird, but after trying them on for the second time (the first time I has such a hard time getting them on I wanted to throw them at the sales guy) I think I like them too.  Once again Josh getting me to try something new - a good thing!

We still need some camping gear before the season starts, not to mention the cost of just going camping and doing the things we want to do. I know that fun things are what make life worth living and not much is free in this world but still .... I can't help worrying a little that it might throw us off our goals. I don't have a lot of worry that it will but just a little. We have been doing very well saving, especially with the fact that both of us do not have a great track record with finances, so I cannot see us stopping that now. Even more with the fact that our neighbourhood has done to shit and more then ever I just want to get out to the country

I guess it's all about priorities. Like how we now probably spend a little more on our food than we used to but we know it is better healthier food so we don't mind. We just spend less on other things and I don't even remember what those other things are so I must not miss them!

And then there's baby! I do not want to even imagine financial costs of that! But once again this weekend we figured out how much we are on the same page (at least about some things). ;) We both seemed to agree that we don't need to go crazy buying baby things and we are  just fine with plain furniture and supplies. We will let all the excited people buy the cute, trendy stuff. 'Cause you know they will anyway. Josh told me to hurry up and get pregnant then as he wants this just as badly as I do. Funny thing is that when he said that it made me realize that I have relaxed about it and have resigned myself to wait until it happens.

But waiting sucks!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment