Thursday, 10 May 2012

Where Have I been?

Wow it has been a week since my last post? Seems much longer.

Let's see .. where have I been. Last weekend we had a garage sale Saturday and Sunday to raise money for our relay for life team. Saturday was soooo yucky with the rain! Having my sister, Josh and his mom there helped make it not so bad. We did well money wise! This is about the 5th year I have had a team in the relay. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer about 6 years ago. She is doing fine now but it deeply affected us all. I have tried to get on things earlier this year to try to avoid some of the panic and feeling that I could have done more. I ususally feel this every year when the relay comes. I think we have done more this year already than last. So a win for us!

In the middle of Saturday's garage sale we took a belay course at the collicutt. It teaches you how to be the partner on the rope for soneone rock climbing. Josh had signed us up before we decided we should do the garage sale. Good thing we had helpers! We did this for two hours and rushed back to the sale.

After tearing down the sale on Sunday I was pretty pooped, but next morning I was at the gym! It seems I have become some sort of leader for two of my friends who have started paleo and crossfit. I brought them to Crossfit Mommas class. They loved it and plan to keep coming! So happy! Seeing them feel so much better after only a week of paleo is great too. And as an aside the WOD was a 2000m row but since there was not enough rowers I grudenly decided to run. Twice around the BIG BIG block and I may hav been goign pretty slow but I did not stop once! Impressive for me. The fact that after doing the math and realizing it was 2km made me feel even happier and more confident being able to do 5km for our Mud Hero and Spartan races.

The rest of Monday we kept busy until the evening and went to take our belay test. I was a bit nervous as of course I don't want to drop Josh when he is climbing. When I wasn't tying my rope properly over and over again I became pretty frustrated. He was patient as ususal. We both passed and can now climb the walls at the Collicutt! I ased Josh if it was just for indoors and he assured me that's all we would be doing for awhile. So guess who convinced me yesterday we should take an outdoor climbing course in July! My lord!

So after a busy Monday off, my work week started again. I was off to Calgary overnight to take a couple courses for work. We are much better than we used to be earlier in our relationship but Josh and I still hate being away from each other overnight. The king size bed I was in by myself felt much too big! Looked for Fiver Finger shoes downtown and they didn't have either of the brands I want. Neither did Red Deer when I checked. But I did pick up some needed camping gear and I am excited for going to Waterton next weekend. After getting home last night I put ingredients for bone broth in a crock pot and this morning had a nice warm batch of it. SO good! Much better than last recipe and in the crock is so easy! Also made supper last night for when my man got home. Felt like a rock star cook!

I'm still doing some catch up at the office and then I do my monthy drive to Coronation tomorrow to see clients. That's a two hour drive each way from Red Deer. Yikes. And on Monday I work in Lacombe. I didn't realize how little I will be in the Stettler office this couple weeks.

Tonight is gym and Saturday I think we are going back to Calgary again! Silliness! I don't think I have been this busy since I was single and was never home! It felt nice to be busy when there was no one there to come home to anyway, but I have always had a bit of a homebody side too. Slowing down and spending time just with my man feels so much better !    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment