Have you ever had a moment when you realize you have just accomplished something you thought you never would? I'm sure we all have. We plan to do things and they get done, but I find the unexpected accomlpishments to be just a touch sweeter.
This weekend we went for a bike ride out by Olds. Nothing crazy but we peddled about for awhile in the country. We came upon a big hill and slowly made our way to the top. When we finally got there I realized that a year ago there would have been no way I would have made it all the way without having to stand up and peddle or get off my bike. Kinda cool!
Yesterday we went for a 4km trail run. Out behind Kerrywood Nature Centre. Have I mentioned before that I hate running? I think I have. But since we are doing the Mud Hero and Spartan Sprint this year I figured we better do some practice because I at least want to finish the races. We started off and after not that long I was already hating it. Josh is able to go much faster than me, and I try to tell him to just go ahead and do his thing but he usually stays pretty close. I think this helps me actually as I try to at least keep pace a few feet behind. I just kept telling myself to get to at least a certain point in the trail. Then when I got to that point I set another mark in the trail for myslef. I was suprised that I was making it up the hills and even recovering quickly before the next. I just about didn't make it up the stairs though! Doing them two at a time with these little legs was not easy! But we both did the whole loop without stopping. Not being a runner I was pretty happy with myself. Josh seemed to be hapy too. What really struck me is that I have never had the goal until that day to run 4km without stopping. Why not?
Cause I wasn't in shape! I was in okay shape a year ago but not like I am now. Doing things with your body that you never expected really makes you see how much change occurs. I think I like change. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment