My final race of the season was just this last Saturday and it was great! Spartan Super, 14 km and 20 obstacles. Made it in 2 hours and twenty minutes. Quite impressed as I was expecting over 3 hours. Josh and Becky stayed with me and helped out. I think I only really felt I needed to start walking at about the 3/4 mark. As I jogged along some of the trails I talked to Scoby in my head and told him/her we can do it. Poor little thing being bounced around for over 2 hours! Only missed the spear throw and rope climb again this time. I got higher on the rope climb than the Sprint, but it was at the end and I was just too tired I think. Oh and real fire to jump over!! Hoping that will be a good pic. I asked for two medals at the end. When I told the medal girls I was almost 5 months pregnant one looked very concerned, asking me if I felt okay and I swear she was looking around for the EMT's. lol. We didn't stay long as it was pretty chilly by the time we were done. Post race eats at Cities with lots of racers and Josh's mom and sis was goood.
Next day Josh said I was pretty awesome. I kinda shrugged it off a bit, maybe not awesome but kinda cool.
I did order a tab for Scoby's medal that will say how old he/she was when we did the race. It was the first Super Spartan for both of us. I'm glad though that I'm the only one with blisters, bumps, scrapes, bruises and sore muscles. ;)
You did so awesome. I'm not even sure I would have attempted the Super while pregnant. Proud of you girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks! You did great too and lead us all the way! You have come so far in the last 10 months since Liam was born and worked hard. Proud of you too!
ReplyDelete