Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Dreams

It seems most people call the little one growing inside them some kind of nickname. Ours so far have been peanut, hummingbird, sprout and scoby. Now if you make or have drank kombucha before (a fermented tea drink) you will know what scoby means. For everyone else it means symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. Weird I know, but some people call their little one alien or parasite so scoby seems a little better to me. ;)

I have been feeling like I am in this in-between stage of my pregnancy. In the first trimester when I was feeling ill most of the time I knew I was pregnant. Since starting my second trimester I have been feeling better. The crazy thing is when I am feeling well all the time it makes me worry if I should be feeling ill. lol. My belly has been growing but it doesn't have that roundness yet that seems to be the big image if what pregnancy looks like. And I don't think I have felt scoby move yet, which really makes me wonder and feel a little guilty at times.

But I finally did have a dream about you last night scoby. I dreamt that you were born a girl and while I don't remember all the details I do remember finally feeling a connection to you. And that sense of awe and wonder people talk about when their child is born. Just staring at this little being who came from me and your daddy. There were no fears and worries at that moment. Just us three, studying each other in silence. And happiness of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment