Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Sleep Really is Wonderful!

Ahhh! We all know sleep is important but do we ever truly put that knowledge into practice? I know I don't. It was quite a weekend with the Relay and we still seemed to be tired on Tuesday night. I think being up all night and sleeping in so many days put us out of wack. Not to mention for some reason neither of us slept well Monday night. So Josh and I made a deal, if we skipped the gym then we were to go straight to bed after supper with no TV! Sounds like something your parents would say but it worked! Josh fell asleep very quickly and I was not far behind. Feel really good today! I did feel a little like a wimp for not going to the gym, but I listened to my body and it was telling me "I feel crappy" so I didn't go, but still did something healthy instead. Must remember how good I feel after sleeping well, maybe I'll do to bed early more often even though it is so hard to do in the summer!

Let's see what else ... Relay for Life was good. No rain this year so that was super amazing! Also has some people come out and walk with us this year for some shifts. My parents, Josh's sister and her friend came in the evening, one of my friends for a late shift and Josh's mom. She stayed quite late and I was impressed. My parents came back at about 4 am and walked. Josh and I finally sat down and fell asleep for a little bit. I thought I was a trooper but he barely stopped all night! Love him for that! Saturday we slept until about 4pm. Went to a back yard campfire and that was about it. Sunday was a sort of lazy day. We took a drive to see some properties for sale and then supper at my parents' house. Monday some grocery shopping and then Yoga in the Park. Loved that!

We ended up booking the Turkey trip that I mentioned in my last post. Yikes! We are going for 19 days at the end of October. Decided to stay in Amsterdam for a few days on the way back from Turkey as it didn't cost any extra on the flight. Then we thought later though that even though the flight isn't any more money, being gone longer will be. OH BOY! Time to squirrel some money away - hardcore!!

But as we are supposed to be saving money we went out and looked for property. Our living out on the country bug has bitten again! Josh is also back into looking at earthships and I think I am ready to let that be our decision on our house design. Earthship is an unfortunate name as it makes people sound like complete quacks when they mention them. Basically it is an off grid, sustainable type of housing that is made of recycled tires and materials. With it's own greenhouse inside! Really! People can grow indoors and eat what they plant! Too cool! As a city girl I have been somewhat nervous about thinking of living too far from a big city but I thin I am almost over that. I have even been liking the idea of small town life. Not living in one mind you, but close to one so I can just visit, or even own a business. Hey who knows, if I even do get my Masters in counselling I could open up my own practice.

So serenely strange how dreams can shift and evolve ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment