I saw a saying on facebook just now. It said something like how about adding "be a nice person" to your bucket list. Any asshole can jump out of a plane! Love and and totally agree.
I reminded me of my fellow crossfitter Becky and her blog she wrote the other day about a fitness bucket list. Great idea! We always have the big lists of things we want to do before we die and so on, but those are usually big dreams and plans that we may never make happen. Or wait until we see our demise coming and then scramble to get them done. Now fitness goals on the other hand can be worked on each day and progress seen so much quicker. I have achieved things since starting crossfit I never thought I could do. Hell I never even comtemplated wanting to do them!
So what are my fitness goals? Well I thought about some after reading Becky's post and came up with a few, but I know there will be more. I think I got Josh thinking about it too. Maybe he will post a comment of some of his when he reads this.
I had some fitness goals I was working on at the gym, but they seemed to have gone by the wayside for some reason. Just other things and WODs to do there I guess. Do a kipping pull up was one of them. I actually took a special class at Ignite just to help with this. It certainly did help and I can now say I can do one of these. Chin above the bar and everything! :D At one point I could string about 6 together in a row, but it seems I have lost my rythm and things are spotty at best. I was getting frustrated, but later reminded that just being able to do them in the first place is an accomplishment. So I will stop whining. I can still do about 6, one at a time, but would like to be able to do them smoothly. So I guess that makes one obvious goal.
I think for now my list will not include numbers. Those will come after the skill is mastered me thinks!
(1) Be able to do smooth, strung-together kipping pull ups!
I had also been working on handstand push ups for awhile. My max is 4, fairly shallow, ones. Nothing like the pros. I think this is a bad ass looking skill and want to learn to do more!
(2) Be able to work up to bad ass handstand push ups and any other variation thereof!
Josh was able to climb the rope pretty soon after we began crossfitting. It stil pisses me off that I can't do it. I mean literaly I have had to stop trying due to getting mad. My issue is the rope between my feet. It hurts like hell when it is draped over the top of my foot and I step on it to get up. I either need to find a less painful way or just condition by foot to suck it up. Good news though is that at last try I got up to 2 good pulls up the rope (a couple times) before I quit because of my foot.
(3) Be able to climb that damn rope up to the top!
Reebok has a big competition of crossfit athletes who get together to see who is the best of the best in crossfit. You get there by completing a series of workouts and if you so well in your region and so forth you move up. Anyone can register online and see how they do. I didn't feel I was ready as there are prescribed wieghts for the WODs and I felt I would not be capable of using those wieghts. I was so proud of Josh for entering and doing the WODs! I did some with him (of course with ligher weight than I was supposed to) and it was HARD! He did great and I am super proud of him!
(4) Do the crossfit open next year
We have some 5km obstacle races coming up. One July 22 and August 18. Mud Hero and the Spartan Sprit.
(5) To finish Mud Hero and Spartan. If things go well do more and longer races. The longer Spartans and Tough Mudder perhaps.
(6) To do a Run for Your Lives event. A zombiefied obstable race in lots of places in the US. Wanted to do that this summer but could not swing it.
(7) Do the West Coast Trail. I'm putting this as a fitness goal but it could go in another category of just trips to take. But it is a week long backpacking adventure so have to be pretty fit for that.
That's all I can think of for now, but I know there will be more. I'll add as I go. Good thing I have a blog so I can type more anytime I want!
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment