Friday, 31 August 2012

New Season

Ah! I love fall! It is my favourite season, always has been. It's the last day of August and summer is fir sure over. Still dark the the morning when I get up and that chill is in the air.

For some reason this year feels different. Something in me has licked into high gear. Some people feel an excitement and renewal in the spring but I am feeling it right now. Big time. It's like my own fall version of spring fever. My mind is overflowing with new ideas, dreams and plans. I don't even know where to start to tell you.

First let's go back a bit. Josh and I took a week off working out after the Spartan Race. Felt it was needed. Then we did a crazy thing and went to Manitoba for the weekend. 32 hours of driving just to stay for a little more than 24 hours. We did get somewhat of a workout pounding tires though. I was quite sore. I will explain later. My topic was more about workouts. Had a good one last night. Josh missed Tuesday because but I went and encouraged a friend to go along. The WOD felt good and I finished strong. Even helped my friend finish hers. Was super proud of her as she had some big anxiety about going to Crossfit. She went and I felt super good about helping her get there and finish. Did two kipping HSPU in a row too. Progress! Last night there were lots of people at the gym. Bree who used to work there came for the night and they did a special workout. I said they because I opted for the regular one. It was insane!! Anyway I choose the sprint workout. Josh was shocked as I always have said I hated running. We did 16 rounds of sprinting 100 m with a minute rest in between. Took just under 21 minutes! Boy was that hard! To my surprise though most of the others working out were done in the same amount of time too! Josh did awesome! And after I climbed the rope higher than I ever had before! Not quite to the top but again progress!

Now let's talk Manitoba. We have made some contacts with a couple who is building an earthship by Winnipeg. They got a mortgage for it! We had been told this was practically impossible. We saw they were just in the beginning stages and decided it was now or never. We went out, filled some tires with dirt by sledgehammer and met some great people. They are helping us out with their process and tips of what we should do to make this dream happen. I told Josh that people who are making their dreams happen have this different kind of energy. This couple, our farmers, others just like them are inspiring to me! I also noticed that it would be easy to see these people and get down on myself because I am not doing more, but instead I feel they have something contagious and it has passed on to me! We have a renewed fever to get our earthship dream happening.

I am also getting more into this wellness coaching idea. I think it would be so cool to be a wellness coach and help people better their lives. I have experienced what it has done for me and want to share. In fact I have shared it and know people have made improvements because they have seen Josh and I do it. I have decided to take a wellness coach certification and start that process. Probably won't be able to take the seminar until November after our Turkey trip but that's okay. Fro now I am recruiting "guinea pigs" to practice on. I made a post on facebook awhile ago and got some encouraging responses. I have been buying some books to start a bit of a library to lend to people to get started. Probably will just be part time at first. I don't want to quit my job just yet. The only reason for that is if we want to get a mortgage I'm sure my secure, decent paying job I have held for 8 years would look better on an application form than "self employed" for only a few months. lol.

Another idea that has been ticking my brain is starting a Paleo Food truck. They are becoming more popular in my town and I just think it would be a really neat thing to do! I have always admired the lady who started Peppermint Andy's for starting her ice cream truck. I may have someone even interesting in going in with me. Even if it is just a daydream I am having fun with it.

Along the lines of food and sustainability (including earthships) all of a sudden I have a great interest in learning how to preserve and can food. It goes right along with the diet changes Josh and I have made, whole foods and being more off the grid. If the world goes to hell in a hand-basket having a self sufficient home and lifestyle will probably save our bacon! (possibly literally too). Fall is the prefect time for this and I have gotten library books to do research and bought some on Amazon.

Summer has been SUPER busy! I have  enjoyed every minute of it but am ready for things to slow down. I want to spend some time at home, especially in the kitchen making things (even though it is much too small and can get frustrating). I love fall! :)



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of a Paleo Food Truck. Even though I'm not Paleo, I would totally support you. :-)

    ReplyDelete