Friday, 10 August 2012

Heck Yes!!

Oh yeah! I achieved one, or at least a part of one of the things in my fitness bucket list last night. I had been feeling kinda lazy lately since the Mud Run. I messed up my knee and so wasn't doing a whole lot of working out. Then when I got back to it I messed up my neck a couple times. Been to physio and will keep going to address that.

Anyways WOD last night was some back squats (not feeling as strong with those as I used to) then 10 rounds of 5 wall balls and 150 m row. I was last and it was kinda tough but I have to say my wall balls have been worse before so that is a positive.

After the WOD we were stretching and stuff so I decided to try my handstand push ups again. Last time I tried i got one of the ab mat/pads and put it under my head. I couldn't quite go down far enough to touch it with my head before I felt I had to come back up. I also tried a kipping handstand push up. Didn't happen. Those involve resting your head on the mat, bending your knees and kicking up. Your head comes up a bit and then you push up to the handstand. Last night I was able to do two HSP's in a row touching my head to the mat! Sweet!! Then for kicks I tried the kipping and wholly shit I did it!! Not sure how as it didn't feel like I gave that big of a kick but I pushed right up into it! My second try after celebrating the first was not as graceful and I almost got stuck in the middle but I powered through!! SWEET!

It's the next day and I'm still smiling!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment